Network Administrator – Mixed Windows and Linux Environment
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
Fovea Aero is adding to our team a full-time network administrator to be responsible for maintaining and improving network equipment in a mixed Windows and Linux environment. The candidate will work at the FAA’s site in Egg Harbor Township, NJ but will be responsible for nationwide maintenance through remote access. This is a great opportunity to contribute to a large, complex system with great importance while still being part of a close-knit, growing company.
Use your experience and expertise to:
- Work with and alongside the current hardware team to maintain and improve all network equipment in a mixed Linux and Windows environment.
- Administer remote equipment through the FAA’s Remote Monitoring and Logging System (RMLS).
- Configure network hardware such as servers, routers and switches.
- Upgrade, maintain and repair network systems and troubleshoot and solve network issues.
- Manage servers, manage server operating systems, update and deploy software, implement system wide security measures and perform basic testing.
- Manage cloud and physical network storage.
- Assist network architects with design.
- Create and update network related documentation.
- Occasionally support other team members in resolving complex issues within the system, provide expert guidance on networking best practices, as well as document and test solutions. This may include interfacing with outside vendors to resolve issues.
We need you to:
- Have strong knowledge and experience in network infrastructure as well as implementing, administering and troubleshooting network devices in a mixed Linux and Windows environment.
- Have a strong background and knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols and digital security.
- Have excellent writing and verbal skills, a strong attention to detail, be able to problem solve quickly and accurately, and have strong interpersonal / team working skills.
- Be excited about working in a large team environment, have excellent customer relations skills (you enjoy helping others) and show initiative (you take pride in your team and your work).
And you should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Math with 15 years work experience in a CS or math field .
- A Bachelor’s degree in another technical field with a minimum of 30 semester hours of math, statistics and computer science can be substituted for the degree.
- (Or) A Master’s degree in any field with 30 semester hours of math, statistics and / or computer science with 12 years work experience in a CS or math field.
- (Or) A PhD or Doctorate in a related field with 30 semester hours of math, statistics and / or computer science with 3 years work experience in a CS or math field.
We would love you to:
- Have knowledge of and experience with Checkpoint firewalls.
- Have worked with Raritan KVM switches.
- Have worked with F5 load balancers / proxy servers.
- Have knowledge of and experience with Avtech environmental sensors.
- Health insurance available.
- Retirement savings plan.
- 2 weeks vacation.
- Close-knit, growing company working on significant projects.